Road Conditions - 511
1.888.780.4440 outside Nova Scotia
EMERGENCY ROAD CLOSURES OR ADVISORIES:
DIGBY COUNTY: OTHER CLOSURES AND ADVISORIES:
Information on local roads is listed here. For most trunks, routes
and 100-series highways, consult the map.
The Culloden Road at Daley's Bridge, located 2.3km north of the Digby town line, is now restricted to one-lane traffic.
The Acacia Valley Road, from the Jct. with Ridge Road to Jct. with South Old Post Road, is closed to all traffic. This is due to repairs on the Acacia Valley Bridge. Alternate route for people living on Shelburne Road will be through South Old Post Road.
KINGS COUNTY: Highway 101, Shaw Road Underpass
Shaw Road Underpass, near Berwick, will be closed for repairs until December 4. Detour route is Maple Street to Brooklyn Street.
Gardiners Truss Bridge on Garden Road is open with a 12 tonne weight restriction.
The bridge on Clayton McKay Road in Brooklyn is now open with a 5 Tonne weight restriction until further notice.
The detour for traffic over 5 Tonne is as follows: Eastbound traffic on Ashdale, heading to McKay Rd turn right on Woodville Rd, then right on McKay. West bound on McKay heading to Ashdale Rd and Smiley's Park, stay on Mckay, turn left on Woodville, turn left on Ashdale and for Smiley's Park, left on Clayton Mckay Rd.
North Wallace Rd. closed at 1km North of the Abbiteau Rd.
- Road closed: Kerrs Mill Road, Wallace - Between Route 6 and Route 368.
Park st. Bible Hill closed due to flooding
C/P west bound lanes closed
Cooper Rd. Tatamagouche closed
Shore Rd Old Barns closed due to flooding
- Back Road is closed near the Brookland Road between civic number 545 and 555 because of flooding and bridge damage, and is also closed at the eastern end near Stillman Road. Civic numbers 555 and 600 are accessible from the Plant Road while civic 525 and 545 are accessible from the Brookland Road.
- Porter Road is closed at the northern end near/at the Elmfield Road because of bridge damage.
- The Melford Brook Bridge on Route 344 at Middle Melford is closed. A two-lane detour bridge is in place until a permanent bridge is built. The speed limit has been reduced to 60 kilometres per hour and warning signs are in place.
RICHMOND COUNTY: The Sterling Road is closed at the Loch Lomond end until further notice.
Victoria County: Seal Island Bridge
Due to high winds on Seal Island Bridge high sided vehicles and motorcyles are advised to stay off of the bridge.All other vehicles are urged to use caution.
- Crowdis Bridge in Northeast Margaree is closed to all traffic. Use alternate routes - Cranton Cross Road, West Big Intervale Road and Hatchery Road.
- Beginning July 12/13 the Hays River Bridge located on the West Lake Ainsile Road is now reduced to 15 tonne maximum weight restriction.
Disclaimer of Warranty: Limitation of Liability
Nova Scotia's Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal
(NSDTIR) attempts to provide the best service reasonably available, but
situations will occur that disrupt service or cause misinformation. The
material presented on this website cannot be guaranteed as to accuracy
or timeliness. Under ideal conditions, images reload every 30 to 40
minutes, but this information depends on a number of items, including
Internet availability, communications networks, and computer equipment
which are beyond the control of NSDTIR and difficult to predict.
Because weather, road and traffic conditions change rapidly, drivers
are in the best position to perceive such conditions and adjust their
driving accordingly. Those relying on information presented on this
site do so at their own risk, and neither the Province of Nova
Scotia, NSDTIR nor any of their employees or agents shall be liable for
either the accuracy of this information nor any actions taken based on